Thursday, April 12, 2012

Skype Bridal Shower

Since I'm in Utah and my family is in Wisconsin, there are some "traditional" wedding activities that I had resigned myself that I wouldn't be involved in.  Such as the bridal shower. Now don't get me wrong, I was OK with this.  Paul and I have been living together for several years as we have all the kitchen crap we need to function.  So there was no real NEED to have a shower.  But...I wanted one.  Not for the presents, but for the camaraderie and those general "feel the love" feelings that happen when people are genuinely interested in and happy for your wedding.

A few weeks ago, I got an email from my mom's sister.  Would I be interested in have a bridal shower over Skype?  Hells yes!  A box of presents from my Target registry arrived at my door a few weeks ago, ready to open at the pre-approved time.

Tonight, along with my MOH Emily (who's in town for my bachelorette weekend), we Skyped with a group of ladies at my aunt's house.  I opened my gifts (yay for knives, sheets, and a food processor!) and we chatted for a bit about wedding plans. It was fantastic!  I was extremely touched that all these people wanted to have a bridal shower for me so much that they figured out a way to give me one from across the country.

A huge THANK YOU to all who attended and gave such great presents.


Drinking wine and Skyping.....






So, inexplicably, in my box of "real" presents, were some pick "Mega Blocks".  No idea where they came from !  They weren't on the packing list, and there would be no reason for them to be included!  Confusing, but hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment