Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wedding Weight Loss Update

So I joined a gym a few months ago.  And in mid-December, I started Nutrisystem. I love it for work; the program tells you exactly what to eat when.  Breakfast: packaged thing.  Snack: Diary.  Lunch: packaged thing and two veggies.  Snack: Fruit.  Dinner: packaged thing, two veggies, and a carb.  Dessert: packaged thing.  It's great, because I can pack my lunch in the tranquilized-grizzly-bear-haze that usually predominates my mornings.  If that's all the food I bring to work, that's all the food I have to eat. Easy.  The problem is when I get home.  There are infinitely more options, like the pizza or spaghetti that Paul is having for dinner.  Or the Mt. Dew I can pick up on the way home. A bottle of Mt. Dew is almost a quarter of my total daily calories.  ONE QUARTER!  No wonder I've found myself 50lbs overweight, drinking 2-4 of them a day.  I can manage now to have one every couple of days, but haven't gone more than a week without one.  *sigh*  So even though I'm paying more than $200 a month for this food (not including groceries), I'm still not sticking to it as closely as I should. 

Even so, to date I've lost a little over 20 lbs.

Paul says he can see it.  I can't.  He spends a lot more time looking at my ass, though, so I guess I'll trust him.  In looking at pictures of myself when I went dress-shopping over Thanksgiving, I can sorta see it around my jaw and neck.  I would love to be under 2001bs.  That means I've got about 25 to go. 

I'm not a fan of the general idea that a girl "should" loose weight for her wedding. But I wasn't happy with the way I looked and was always making excuses for postponing the diet and exercise I knew needed to happen.  This wedding is not the reason I'm losing weight, but it is the incentive to do it now rather than next week, or next month, or after some unimportant-and-arbitrary date in the future that is not now. 

I can't loose much more weight after April.  Paul's sister Erin is making my dress, and I don't want to burden her with a bunch of unnecessary alterations just because I've gone overboard on the weight loss. 

But I'm happy.  This is the most weight I've lost on purpose in a long long time.  Lets just hope that once it's gone, I can keep it gone...at least until I get myself knocked up. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Ellen!! Keep working on it! :)

    ReplyDelete