Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pinterest

I'm in the phase of wedding planning where I get to surf wedding sites, blogs, and Google image searches and just collect ideas.  Nothing is solidified except the groom.  It's kind of intimidating to decide what kind of people we are, and how much our wedding has to reflect our personality as a couple.  Are we people who's bridesmaid's dresses don't match?  Pop-tunes-played-on-the-cello-for-processional-march people?  Should we have sushi for dinner?  The options are really overwhelming.  Some things that we wanted have already been crossed off the list due to budget constraints, such as having our reception at the Milwaukee Public Museum ($40 a plate appetizers, without the bar?  Yeah, right.)  But as far as colors, music, food, favors...we've got options.   I've been spending a lot of time on OffbeatBride.com, and these ladies have some really crazy/awesome ideas, which only adds to the gigantic pile of thoughts filed under "wedding things".  I needed some way to wrestle all this stuff into a workable idea-box. 

Enter Pinterest.



Pinterest is a website in which you can take ideas from the interwebs and "pin" them onto different "boards", sort of an online cork board.  You add a button to your browser toolbar, and surf away.  Find an image, a poem or other awesomeness and simply "pin it".  The nice part is that it always links back to the original site, so in six months I decide, yes, THOSE are the shoes I want, I don't have to search for that website I found them on in the first place.  This is so much cooler than the file folder I had started on my desktop. 

Here's the link to my Pinterest account.  http://pinterest.com/evee/

The thing I also love about this is that, unlike this blog, my Pinterest account will probably have a life after the wedding. You could use it for house remodeling, fashion, work stuff...anything for which you need a place to collect your brainstorm ideas and organize them into something you can work with.

So, if anyone has some stellar ideas for wedding stuff, email me and I'll pin it!

1 comment:

  1. You need to be getting paid to write this blog. Tell Pinterest to add to your wedding budget. I think you should also do your wedding registry through Amazon Wishlist so people can buy your gifts from anywhere and have them sent to you. Then hit them up for wedding budget additions. ;)

    ReplyDelete