Monday, October 17, 2011

A Tentative Schedule

We're having the wedding at a summer camp.  This means that (hopefully) many of the out-of-town guests will be able to stay for the whole weekend, as accomidations are going to be much cheaper than a traditional hotel block.  And I really like the idea of having a "wedding weekend."  Not so much because I want all attention on us for 48 hours instead of 12, but because I want our families to really get a chance to know each other.  Paul's family will be traveling from all over the country, and mine is pretty much centralized in Wisconsin.  There won't be a ton of future opportunites for the families to get together ever again.  Plus, I don't want to feel like I've missed spending time with anyone if all we get is the wedding reception.  We also get the camp for the entire weekend, so might as well use it. 

So here is a tenative schedule for the weekend.  Subject to change whenever I feel like it.

Friday Afternoon: Rehersal. Only pertinant people need to be there.  Other guests can check in, get a room, wander down to the lake, etc. 

Friday Night: Welcome BBQ.  Main meal provided by PC but also potluck. Followed by a bonfire, possibly with live music. 

Saturday Morning/Early Afternoon: Guests on own for breakfast/lunch (maybe have coffee/bagels/muffins for snacking).  Plan is to have the lakefront open so people can swim or canoe.  Possible lawn-game tourney for those who don't want to do water stuff. 

Saturday Afternoon: Wedding at 4?5?  Drinks/snackies after while we finish up pictures.  Dinner at 6?7?. 

Saturday Night: Reception.  Dinner, more drinks, dancing, cake-cutting, etc.  We may have to cut the festivities short because the camp has neighbors and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. 

Late Saturday Night: 10pm-?? Hangin' at my mom's house for those who want to keep partying. 

Sunday Morning: Late brunch and present opening for those who want to attend that.  We don't have to vacate camp until later that afternoon. 

Thoughts on my timeline?  Suggestions? Concerns?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen,

    I've been following your wedding blog. I love it!! I would do the wedding a little earlier (maybe 3 or 4) so you have time for pictures, and maybe a drink or two, before dinner.

    I talked with Peggy a couple of weeks ago and wanted to let you know she and I are at your disposal for anything that need to be done here in WI (or anything you just don't want to mess with). You know that Peggy is very "crafty" and I will be a good helper so let us know if you want us to work on invitations, table decorations, flowers, etc. We can do as much or as little as you want.

    Love,
    Aunt Katie

    ReplyDelete