Monday, October 17, 2011

Wedding planning...I'm finally starting to get excited

The more in-depth we get into planning, the more excited I'm getting. When we first got engaged, I didn't automatically have that "wee!" moment. I mean, I did about getting married, but not about the actual wedding.  I actually was going through the motions whenever anyone asked me about wedding details.  I'm afraid I came off as a bit grumpy about the whole thing.  I want to get married, and I want to have a celebration, but I didn't have a vision and couldn't muster much enthusiasm. 

It's taken me a few months of idea-collecting to really get a good idea of what this celebration could be.  I've gone from reluctant wedding-planner to excited wedding planner.  Paul thinks I'm crazy every time I try to show him something neat I've found on the interwebs.  I try to tell him that this is normal, and he's actually pretty damn lucky because it could be much, much worse.  As in, I could be not sharing anything with him because I could be one of those girls that doesn't actually care what her fiance thinks.  Can't wait till I try to convince him we absolutely NEED to make 200 things and he's the lucky sumbitch who gets to stick stickers or lick envelopes.  Joy.

 I've been heavily perusing OffBeatBride.com, and have even become a Tribe member.  It's a wedding site similar in function to The Knot, but much more tailored to a bride like me; someone who hasn't been planning their wedding since they were five.  Someone who may be dispensing with certain traditions and has no desire to do anything if the only reason is "that just how weddings go".  The brides on Off Beat Bride have royal blue wedding dresses with rainbow crinoline.  They wear fairy wings or require the guests to wear Renaissance clothing.  They geek out over Futurama cake toppers and are generally obsessed with robots.  I've found a wedding home. 

Having a venue has also been helpful in deciding a theme for the wedding.  This has two purposes.  The first is to narrow down my obsessive internet searches.  The second is that I'm finally starting to see how this wedding could go.  It's becoming more real, and as a result, more fun. 

Lets just hope I don't go off the deep end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment